CALL FORSTUDENT MOBILITY
BETWEEN THE UNIVERSITY OF PISA AND ZHEJIANGOCEAN UNIVERSITY
Within the Program Erasmus+/KA1 HIGHER EDUCATION
Deadline for Preliminary Applications (“Declaration of Interest”): 30 November 2015
Zhejiang Ocean University in the ERASMUS+ framework hereby publishes a call for internationalStudent Mobility with the University of Pisa supported by the EuropeanCommission through the project 2015-1-IT02-KA107-014705 (2015-2017).
All PhD students enrolled regularly in theZhejiang Ocean University in the subject area of Marine Science or Food Science, are eligible to present the Declaration of interest for the pre-selection.
- Student mobility for studies for PhD level at the University of Pisa (study period: 6 months)
Number of Grants
Totally two PHD students can be selected to the programme.
Conditions to apply:
- Applicants must be active full-time students ona PhD programme of Zhejiang Ocean University
- The Hosting higher education institution is theUniversity of Pisa.
- Studies/Activities carried out during themobility at the University of Pisa must be integrated into the applicant’sprogram/studies at the home institution
- The University of Pisa will issue a transcriptof records at the end of the study period.
- The study period at the University of Pisa mustbe fully recognised by the home University in accordance with the terms laiddown in the Learning Agreement.
- ERASMUS+ students do not have to pay tuitionfees to the University of Pisa.
- There will be opportunity to apply for socialaid and/or support for people having disabilities or special needs.
- Applicants are considered full-time students ofthe sending institution also during the study period abroad.
The candidates will be selected on the basis of personal motivation, interculturalabilities, knowledge of English and academic excellence. (Among students with the samelevel of academic excellence and language knowledge, the most disadvantaged student from a poor socio-economic background ora student with special needswill be selected).
The mobile students will be awarded a grant for travelcost and for subsistence and expenses during the period of stay in Pisa:
The amount of the grant for travel is a unit cost related to the distancebetween the place of origin and Pisa
Calculated with the EU Distance Calculator:
The total individual support to study in Pisa (850 EUR per month) isrelated to the duration of the mobility and will be defined in the grantagreement that the student/s selected will sign with the University of Pisabefore their departure.
How to apply:
The University of Pisa hereby invites PhD students enrolled in thepartner Zhejiang Ocean University to present a “Declaration of Interest” in order to participate theselection for the Erasmus international credit mobility. The “Declaration ofInterest”, presented using the form included in Annex 1 of this Call, should be given to their own ErasmusCoordinator.
Documents to be submitted with the Declaration of Interest:
- Transcript of records at the time of applying:this is anofficial list certified by the home Institution of all thecourses that the student havecompleted, including information about the number of credits and the grades he/shereceived.
- Language certificate or a statement proving thatthe student’s English (or Italian) language knowledge reaches the intermediatelevel.
- CV in English
- Any other useful information
The deadline for presenting the Declaration ofInterest at the home Institution is 3 December 2015.
The first selected candidate for each mobility flow will complete his orher Application by preparing a formal LearningAgreement which includes descriptions of the activities to be carried out andof how these will be recognised by the sending Institution. The LearningAgreement will be furnished to the candidates by the Erasmus coordinator of thehome university, who will assist them in completing it, so that it can be sentto the University of Pisa by 15 December 2015.
The final approval by the University of Pisa will be announced by 25December 2015.
Call Published: by Zhejiang Ocean University, 23 November,2015
Annex 1: Declaration of Interest